Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hope Speaks Softly

Hello all you cats out there. This is Hope and while you have heard about me quite a bit from my big sister Shilgiah, I haven't really talked for myself so since Shilgiah and Tommy are sleeping, this seemed like a good opportunity to chat.

I really like my balcony and share it with my brother and sister who think it is theirs.

As you know, January 20th 2009 was the day I found my true and real mom and so she named me Hope. Never in my life was I able to trust people or other cats much...until recently. So, I was kind of scared for a few months and when I get scared I scream and growl and use my lethal claws to try to protect myself.

During the past month, I have really begun to feel so comfortable that I rarely feel like doing those things and even enjoy napping in the same room with my sibs. I still like to have my study to myself at night. Food is always there when I need a nibble. Still, I do like to stand in the kitchen on my back legs and stretch up to where mom is getting our soft supper and meow politely (o.k. well almost politely). I'm happy now and not scared anymore. I even curl up on my mom's lap and purr 'cause I am so content.

I hope all of you kitties and your human moms and dads have a really nice week to come!

13 comments:

Ivan from WMD said...

That is a very nice photo of you, Hope. I'm glad you're adjusting. I knew it would just a matter of time!

Ivan from WMD said...

Well, of course I meant I knew it would be just a matter of time.

Donna said...

I am so glad to hear you are happy with your home and your friends. :)

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh Hope, you finded a wonderful forefur home and haf a wonderful mommy and nice siblings too!

Daisy said...

It's nice to hear from you, Hope. I am so glad that you are settling in so well and are happy and doing great! Being scairt and hungry must have been No Fun at all for you.

My Mommie read your earlier comment and said that most of my facial expressions just come naturally. I learned how to do "High Five" with clicker training, and now I constantly try doing that trick (in case I get treats for it).

meemsnyc said...

Hi Hope! That is a nice balcony to hang out on. How nice that you are adjusting well to your forever home. We are looking forward to reading more posts from you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hope, it is good to hear from you and I'm glad you found a great forever home and an awesome Mom. You look very pretty in your picture too!

Nina Torbie said...

Oh, hello Hope! Isn't it wonderful to find a forever home where you feel safe and loved? I explored my house one room at a time and found all the safe hiding spots just in case. I'm not timid but cautious. I'm sure you'll become more cuddly and less loud! Have you showed your new mom your favorite toy yet? When Mom and Dad found mine, I was so excited!
Purrs,
Nina

PS Oh, Shilgiah asked about voting on ICHC for my brofur Victor. Anyone can vote, but only once per computer. I guess it remembers the scent of each computer.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Hope, thank you for speaking up and telling us how things have gone for you in the past five months. Hearing that you curl up on your human mom's lap and purr makes us feel happy!

Cliff and Olivia said...

Hello Hope

Very nice to meet you. You're a beauty and have found a wonderful home.

We look forward to more posts from you.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Hi there Hope. Glad to see you are settling in nicely. I know I had a hard time feeling comfortable when I first came here too, but now I am OK.
Purrs, Banshee

Christine and FAZ said...

You are looking very settled and happy in your forever home.

Parker said...

Oh Hope, nothing is better than knowing you are loved and safe and cared for!
Smoochies!