Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day when we should remember all the young men and women who have gone to war and died. I'm a little confused as to why people have picnics and such on a day that seems to me kind of a sad one. Mom says it's because the young men and women went to war because they wanted to help ensure our freedom, so we should do things that remind us that we are free. I guess people find cooking meat over burning coals makes them feel free. As for me...

...watching the mom and dad birds teaching their baby fledglings to fly makes me feel free. Knowing I could probably sneak out of the house and catch one but choose not to because I'm a civilized cat makes me feel free. Finally, chasing my brother through the house and napping near my sister makes me feel free. All of these things together make me happy too!

We will all be quiet now for awhile while we remember those who are no longer with us except in our hearts.

2 comments:

The Monkeys said...

Have a relaxing Memorial day! Those are wonderful memories

Unknown said...

Some very deep thoughtz fur a kitty an' some very GOOD thoughtz fur a kitty.