Sunday, September 13, 2009

Almost

Hi Tommy here. I am almost six years old! This Thursday is my birthday. Well, actually it's my gotcha day but since we really don't know my real birthday we celebrate it on my gotcha day.

A couple of days ago on Friday, mom took the day off and I thought it was so she could play and nap with us. Mid-morning she gave Shilgiah and Hope a special treat in the bedroom and closed the door. I thought that was pretty unfair but then what happened next was even more unfair. I haven't had reason to get in the carrier/torture chamber for quite awhile and I refused to go in so mom lifted me up in her arms and held my feet in one hand while she tilted the torture chamber up on an angle and lowered me into it. I didn't know what to do so I let out a chirp...not a twitter but a loud baby chicken sort of PEEP!! I had never done that before and my mom almost let go of me in her surprise...but she somehow got me in and closed the door.

All the way to Dr. Jeff's I pleaded and cried but to no avail. Anyway, I got stuck with a needle and then Dr. Jeff said what a handsome cat I was and looked in my eyes with his eye-looking-in-to-thing and then listened to my heart and chest and then palpated my tummy and patted me and let me get back in my carrier. I am in great shape except that I gained a little weight. Last year I weighed 20.60 lbs and this year I weigh 20.80 lbs.

Mom says I need more exercise but I think I'll just lay here and dream about my birthday. I want Tuna Juice and my favorite "Mac and Jack" which is Mackerel and Skipjack...and I don't want to wear a Party Hat but I would like Shilgiah and Hope to wear them.

But I want most of all for mom to get my balcony fixed, screened in so I can go out there and won't fall off the balcony and down three stories!


This is a picture from last year in September near my birthday. Then, we had screening on top and I loved my balcony! Mom says it's not her fault the owners won't put up new screening but she has some shade material that she is planning with some help to get up. Mom, how about Thursday Night! You could have a party for me and put up the shades. Please! Please!!

7 comments:

Parker said...

Tommy, balcony or not, I wish you the happiest of birthdays!
Smoochies!

The Monkeys said...

Happy early birthday, Tommy! We hope you get your balcony fixed and the girls wear party hats!

Ivan from WMD said...

I hope you get your balcony screened in soon so you get to go out and maybe see the balloons on these cool mornings! Mmm, fresh air, too!

About the "weight" thing--I think you're just a gentle giant! Happy birthday in advance!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Have a great Birthday Tommy. Hopefully the balacony will get all decked out in your honor!

Purrs

Daisy said...

Happy almost your birthday! I am glad you got a good report from the vet.

Jack, Persephone, Tenzing and Lancelot said...

Treachery!!! My human does it too, and to put goop on my paws! I'm glad the vet said you were healthy! that means you don't have to go back!

Still, you should have gotten treats too!

~Jack

Shaggy and Scout said...

Tommy, Happy Happy Birthday & Gotcha Day all rolled into one! We hope the balcony gets fixed too! It looks like an awesome place for both people & felines!
Thank you so much, also, for you nice words & purrs for our Dad and his surgery this week! The blogosphere is the best!