Friday, December 14, 2007

Hiding in Plain Sight

Mom always does what she calls a "kitty check" before she leaves the house to go do whatever it is she does when she's not with us at home. She says she checks to make sure we haven't sneaked into a closet or someplace else we could get ourselves stuck. So anyway, the other day she was getting ready to go someplace and she did her kitty check and found Tommy napping in the study and she looked in all the usual places for me...behind the living room bookcase, under the table with the skirt on it, behind the floor painting, in the closets and so forth. She couldn't find me anywhere and began, as is her habit, to panic. She called for me and called for me and still couldn't find me. Well, I was napping too in a place I hadn't napped for awhile.

I'm right here! I was just napping between the pillows on the bed. Can I go back to sleep now?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our mom does the same thing, she does a head count every day before she leaves for hunting. If she can't find one of us she goes nuts!

Shaggy and Scout said...

That is an absolutely terrific napping place!

Daisy said...

My Mommie does the kitty check too! If she cannot find me, she shakes the treat jar until I come running.

Christine and FAZ said...

That looks every-so-comfy. No wonder you didn't answer when your human called. FAZ

Parker said...

We know about the kitty checks! I have hidden in plain sight a lot.

Rosie & Cheeto said...

whoa- grate job Shilgha. Its vary gud to keep yer lady on hur toes!

Ivan from WMD said...

You look very cozy, Shilgiah!

The Crew said...

Our Mom always checks to see where we are before she leaves and when she gets home. She gets paranoid if she can't find one of us!!