Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hope

This is my new little sister. She came to us on Inauguration Day. That was a week ago today. Her name is Hope.

I think Hope is very cute and I'm starting to get used to the hissy fits she throws. She still scares me, a little. However, this evening I just sat very still under the glass topped dining table and watched her hiss and growl at Tommy. A nice change and kind of funny.

This is Hope looking out onto the cold balcony from the warm inside. Even though she's kind of a pain, I'm glad she found mom and asked to come in out of the cold. Tonight, I even think she hissed a little less.

Aunt A you are the absolute best for helping my mom get the CD thing working again! It's o.k. if you pet Hope as long as you still think I'm the prettiest little girl in the world.

8 comments:

Ivan from WMD said...

New sisters can be a real challenge--I ought to know! Hope is a little cutie but you are still the prettiest little girl in the world!

Parker said...

Yay! Hope is such a cutie! I am sure that she is happy to be inside!

Anonymous said...

Hope is so cute and we are very glad she found a home. Of course you are the prettiest girl Shilgiah!

Lux said...

Hi Hope - it's very nice to meet you!

The Meezers or Billy said...

hello Hope! it's nice to meet you!

Daisy said...

Hope is beautiful! Almost as beautiful as you, Shilgiah, but not quite. And that's a perfect name for a kitty you got on inauguration day.

Shaggy and Scout said...

She's a cute little girl and what a great name! Perfect!
We're sure she will stop the hissy stuff soon, she's just trying to be bold and strong. It was her self defense when she was outside.
About your comment about the fountain, ours gets slimy too, mom has to wash it with hot water weekly to sanitize it. She forgot about that part, so thanks for the reminder.

Just Ducky said...

A new sisfur with attitude.