Sunday, November 26, 2006

Locked in the Closet

My mom is so jumpy that when she can't see where I am every 20 seconds she runs around through the house calling for me in an ever increasingly panicy voice. It's kind of amusing sometimes. Especially since Tommy and I don't wear collars anymore and she can't hear where we are as well so she's always looking for me or my brother. So anyway, this afternoon she was working and forgot to look and then she saw Tommy sitting outside the bathroom closet and I heard him plainly say "My sister is inside there aren't you going to let her out?" but Mom just asked why he was sitting there and went back to work. About a hundred years later, well probably about a half hour, Mom said "Shilgiah, where are you?" and of course I never answer when she calls (it's a girl cat thing) so she starts panicing and running around the apartment looking in all my hiding places and Tommy's still sitting outside the closet saying "Why don't you look in there?" Finally, Mom opens the door and I'm sitting there and does she scoop me up and kiss me and tell me how sorry she is? Nooo, she picks up Tommy and kisses him and thanks him for telling her where I was. All she said to me was that I needed to be careful and not get myself locked in closets. Humpf!

6 comments:

Just Ducky said...

Oh my getting stuck in closets. They can be fun for short periods of time. But for longer periods you might miss your necessary items like your food, water and box.

I gotted shut in a closet for a whole day last year. I napped most of the day 'til mum came home from work.

Welcome to the blogophere.

Puff said...

I love exploring the closet, but not being locked in. A fellow needs to come and go, you know!

Justin said...

hey, your Mommy is too cary about you..hehe. I too care a lot about my kitties but this
tom ...ohh gosh!!he is just too much...hehehehehe

The Crew said...

Luckily, none of us have ever gotten stuck in a closet...basement yes, but closets, no.

Gosh, Wm. never told us he had cousins...at least I don't think he did. Welcome to the cat blogosphere. Stop over and see us.

George

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Yup, it happened to me, twice yesterday. You would think she would learn.....I can, maybe, understand it happening once, but twice? She knows that closet is where all the food is kept!

Patches

Susie said...

We couldn't find you either - need some photos so we can put a name to a face!